GNSS/GPS Receiver module kit, including patch antenna.
This is a kit for a GNSS receiver that covers not just the United States GPS satellite network, but also Galileo (Europe), GLONASS (Russia) and Beidou (Chinese) satellite systems. GPS and Beidou are enabled by default (others require configuration via serial port). It includes a sensitive active antenna with approx 2m coax cable and SMA connectors. The kit has a 3.3V voltage regulator onboard and level converter to 5V logic levels. It may be connected directly to QRP Labs kits such as the Ultimate3S QRSS/WSPR transmitter without any pullup resistors or other components. Three LEDs provide visual indication of status.
The kit comprises mostly SMD components which are pre-soldered to the PCB during manufacture. Only the SMA connector, and optional connectors (USB, pin headers) are through hole and these are easy to solder. solder.
NOTE: this is a cut-down version of the QLG2 kit and it does not have a microcontroller; therefore it does not provide a USB interface, USB to Serial converter, or optional LCD Interface.
The GPS receiver has the following features and advantages relative to a ready-built GPS module:
1) Fun and educational kit.
2) Includes very sensitive active antenna with 2m coax, that may be easily placed separate to the PCB in a location for optimum performance.
2) Guaranteed to work with all QRP Labs kits
4) Has onboard power / data / 1pps LEDs for an immediate visual indication of what is going on.
5) Proper level conversion for use with 5V systems, not just pull-up resistors
6) Larger connection pads with 0.1-inch pitch, suitable for easy wire soldering or pin headers
7) all components already on-board, no need for anything other than wire, for connection to QRP Labs kits (and others)
8) Low cost
QLG2-SE GPS Receiver module kit
- Product Code: QLG2SE
- Availability: 231