This kit is a simple minimalist controller for the Si5351A Synth kit (included with the ProgRock kit). It is intended as a programmable crystal replacement. It has three independent outputs with frequency range 3.5kHz to approx 300MHz, and can be optionally GPS disciplined by a GPS with 1pps output such as our QLG1 GPS receiver kit.
- Includes Si5351A Synth kit and ProgRock PCB kit
- Easy construction, no surface-mount components to solder (Si5351A already pre-soldered)
- 3 independent 3.3V p-p squarewave outputs (2 if you use GPS discipline)
- You can feed the output through our LPF kits to remove harmonics, to create sinewave outputs
- 8 selectable “banks” of frequencies, chosen by 3 input control signals
- Frequency range 3.5kHz to 200MHz
- Extended frequency range up to approx. 300MHz if you don’t mind violating the Si5351A datasheet specifications
- Quadrature output mode (Clk0 and Clk1 on same frequency but configurable 0, 90, 180 or 270-degree phase offset)
- GPS frequency discipline using 1pps from a GPS receiver
- Unique power supply noise filter circuit designed by Alan Gray G8LCO
- Power supply voltage 5V, or using LM317LZ regulator (supplied), range is 5-12V DC
- Minimalist configuration user interface using 4-way DIP switch, push button, and LED
- Frequencies and configuration stored in non-volatilte memory (EEPROM) for next power-up
Printed instructions are not supplied with the kit. For more details of this kit, and to download the assembly/operating manuals, please visit the ProgRock page by clicking here.