The "QCX" (QRP Labs Xcvr): a feature-packed, high performance, single band 5W CW transceiver kit with WSPR beacon and built-in alignment and test equipment. Available for 80, 60, 40, 30, 20 or 17m bands.
For details of the optional QCX Aluminium Enclosure kit please see http://qrp-labs.com/qcxcase
The waiting list for QCX kits is now under 1 week. See http://qrp-labs.com/qcx for the latest information on shipping.
If you order the enclosure kit option with your QCX kit, and if the QCX enclosure kit is on pre-order, then your order shipment will wait for the enclosures to arrive.
Your CW transceiver kit(s) will be assigned a Serial Number, notified to you by email. A table showing serial numbers pending shupment is on http://qrp-labs.com/qcx. You can check that page to see where you are in the queue and for other updates regarding shipping status.
Hard-copy assembly instructions are not included in the kit. You need to download the assembly and operating instructions manual from http://qrp-labs.com/qcx
Note: the optional GPS receiver module kit is very useful if you wish to operate this kit as a WSPR beacon (it disciplines frequency, time, and Maidenhead Locator grid square). It is also useful for calibrating the transceiver kit, to get the synthesiser reference oscillator precisely calibrated (resulting in accurate transmit/receive frequency).
Note: The QCX transceiver is always shipped with the latest firmware version available at the date of shipment.
List of features:
- Easy to build, single-board design, 10 x 8cm, all controls are board-mounted
- Professional quality double-sided, through-hole plated, silk-screen printed PCB
- Choice of single band, 80, 60, 40, 30, 20 or 17m
- Approximately 3-5W CW output (depending on supply voltage)
- 7-16V recommended supply voltage
- Class E power amplifier, transistors run cool… even with no heatsinks
- 7-element Low Pass Filter ensures regulatory compliance
- CW envelope shaping to remove key clicks
- High performance receiver with at least 50dB of unwanted sideband cancellation
- 200Hz CW filter with no ringing
- Si5351A Synthesized VFO with rotary encoder tuning
- 16 x 2 blue backlight LCD screen
- Iambic keyer or straight key option included in the firmware
- Simple Digital Signal Processing assisted CW decoder, displayed real-time on-screen
- On-screen S-meter
- Full or semi QSK operation using fast solid-state transmit/receive switching
- Frequency presets, VFO A/B Split operation, RIT, configurable CW Offset
- Configurable sidetone frequency and volume
- Connectors: Power, 3.5mm keyer jack, 3.5mm stereo earphone jack, BNC RF output
- Onboard microswitch can be used as a simple straight Morse key
- Built-in test signal generator and alignment tools to complete simple set-up adjustments
- Built-in test equipment: voltmeter, RF power meter, frequency counter, signal generator
- Beacon mode, supporting automatic CW or WSPR operation
- GPS interface for reference frequency calibration and time-keeping (for WSPR beacon)