LightTracker is one of the most affordable, smallest, lightest, powerful and open source LoRa and LoRaWAN trackers available. It makes tracking pico balloons, weather balloons, model rockets, RC aircraft, and anything else that flies simple and easy. It is able to report location, altitude, temperature and pressure to the internet (LoRaWAN networks such as Helium and TTN) or direct to another LoRa radio module with a solar panel/super capacitors or just 3xAAA batteries. Because LightTracker is open source you can add your own custom sensors via I2C pins.
Important : LightTracker uses unlicensed ISM radio bands which does not require any license to operate. So everyone can use LoRa & LoRaWAN modules.
NOTE: This module only has a LoRa radio module. If you need an APRS+WSPR tracker, please see http://qrp-labs.com/
Information, source code
Official information and source code is on GITHUB: https://github.com/
- Ready-assembled PCB: all components are SMD and already soldered
- Open Source: Software is open. You can easily modify the source code. The source code is shared via GitHub for different use cases (pico balloon, HAB, car, etc.)
- Arduino Compatible CPU: You can use Arduino IDE and libraries to programme LightTracker.
- Extendable: Using I2C pins you can add extra sensors ( and their libraries) to LightTracker and programme it as you wish.
- High Quality GPS: No need to comment :) Ublox is one of the best GPS manufacturers.
- Low Power Consumption : Power consumption of the module is very low, even transmitting or receiving.
- Software : Open Source
- Weight : 5.4 grams
- Dimensions : 32 mm x 47 mm
- IDE : Arduino
- Platform : ARM Cortex-M0 (Arduino M0)
- CPU : ATSAMD21G18
- Flash : 256 kB
- Ram : 32 kB
- Operating Frequency : 48 Mhz
- Operating Voltage : 3.3 Volt
- Input Voltage : 2.7 (min) - 16 (max) Volt via usb or VBat pin
- Sensor : BMP180 (pressure and temperature), LSM303DLHC (3D Compass and Accelerometer)
- Power Consumption (Sleep) : ~1 mA
- Power Consumption : ~7 mA
- LoRa Radio Module : EBYTE E22-900M22S (SX1262)
- LoRa Operating Frequency : 850~930MHz (configurable by code)
- LoRa Max Power : 22dBm (configurable by code)
- LoRa Power Consumption (TX) : ~110 mA (22dBm)
- GPS : Ublox MAX-M8Q (GPS-GLONASS)
- GPS Antenna Gain : 4.3 dBi
- Extended Pins : I2C, 2x Analog, 1x DAC
- Product Code: LightTracker
- Availability: 19