The "QCX" (QRP Labs Xcvr): a feature-packed, high performance, single band 5W CW transceiver kit with WSPR beacon and built-in alignment and test equipment. Available for 80, 60, 40, 30, 20 or 17m bands.
Hard-copy assembly instructions are not included in the kit. You need to download the assembly and operating instructions manual from http://qrp-labs.com/qcx
Note: the optional GPS receiver module kit is very useful if you wish to operate this kit as a WSPR beacon (it disciplines frequency, time, and Maidenhead Locator grid square). It is also useful for calibrating the transceiver kit, to get the synthesiser reference oscillator precisely calibrated (resulting in accurate transmit/receive frequency).
An optional 50W PA kit is available, which also has an optional enclosure. This 50W PA kit will give your QCX an extra boost for those occasions when you need a bit more power - to work a particular station for a regular sked when conditions are bad; to deal with our bad band conditions these days; to work a particular DX staiton, etc etc. The 50W PA kit includes solid state Tx/Rx switching for full break-in (QSK) operation. The kit includes heatsinks and connectors as well as the PCB and all components. See http://qrp-labs.com/50wpa for more details.
Note: The QCX transceiver is always shipped with the latest firmware version available at the date of shipment.
List of features:
- Easy to build, single-board design, 10 x 8cm, all controls are board-mounted
- Professional quality double-sided, through-hole plated, silk-screen printed PCB
- Choice of single band, 80, 60, 40, 30, 20 or 17m
- Approximately 3-5W CW output (depending on supply voltage)
- 7-16V recommended supply voltage
- Class E power amplifier, transistors run cool… even with no heatsinks
- 7-element Low Pass Filter ensures regulatory compliance
- CW envelope shaping to remove key clicks
- High performance receiver with at least 50dB of unwanted sideband cancellation
- 200Hz CW filter with no ringing
- Si5351A Synthesized VFO with rotary encoder tuning
- 16 x 2 blue backlight LCD screen
- Iambic keyer or straight key option included in the firmware
- Simple Digital Signal Processing assisted CW decoder, displayed real-time on-screen
- On-screen S-meter
- Full or semi QSK operation using fast solid-state transmit/receive switching
- Frequency presets, VFO A/B Split operation, RIT, configurable CW Offset
- Configurable sidetone frequency and volume
- Connectors: Power, 3.5mm keyer jack, 3.5mm stereo earphone jack, BNC RF output
- Onboard microswitch can be used as a simple straight Morse key
- Built-in test signal generator and alignment tools to complete simple set-up adjustments
- Built-in test equipment: voltmeter, RF power meter, frequency counter, signal generator
- Beacon mode, supporting automatic CW or WSPR operation
- GPS interface for reference frequency calibration and time-keeping (for WSPR beacon)
- CAT control interface
- Optional 50W PA kit