The "QMX" (QRP Labs Mulitmode Xcvr): a feature-packed, high performance, five-band (80, 60, 40, 30, 20m) 5W multi-mode transceiver kit. , including embedded SDR receiver, 24-bit 48 ksps USB sound card, CAT control, synthesized VFO with TCXO reference. QMX transmits a SINGLE SIGNAL, it is not an SSB modulator with associated unwanted sideband and residual carrier, or intermodulation due to amplifier non-linearity. QMX outputs a pure single signal.QMX is currently only suitable for single tone FSK modes, which covers the majority of digital modes in use today (if it later supports SSB, multi-tone and phase shift digi modes will be possible). This includes everything in WSJT-X, JS8Call, some fldigi modes e.g. RTTY, Olivia and more. QMX is also suitable for on/off keyed modes such as CW because it has click-reducing RF envelope shaping; it is not suitable (until and if SSB is implemented) for phase shift keyed modes such as PSK31 or modes involving multiple concurrent tones such as WinLink.
Assembled kit: The kit will be by default, assembled for operation from a 12V supply. If you prefer it to be built for 9V supply operation, please write a note in the customer notes/comments field at the checkout. NOTE: Assembled kits are built to order, the waiting list is published here https://www.qrp-labs.com/qcxmini/assembled.html - we ship around 25 per week so, if you are ordering an Assembled radio, please accept some waiting time based on this; if you need it urgently then please contact us about it.
The Optional enclosure is black anodized extruded aluminium, very sturdy and elegant. The enclosure size is 92 x 63 x 25mm without protrusions. The front and rear panels are drilled and cut to match the QMX PCB with laser-etched lettering. The enclosure includes four self-adhesive feet.
- 80, 60, 40, 30 and 20m
- CW and FSK Digi modes
- All features of QCX-mini (VFO A/B/Split, RIT, Message and frequency memories, beacon, keyer)
- 5W output at 9V supply (can be built for 4-5W at 12V supply)
- SWR bridge built in
- Single signal transmission (zero unwanted sideband, zero residual carrier, zero intermodulation distortion)
- Solid-state band switching and transmit/receive switching under CAT control
- High performance embedded SDR SSB receiver with 60-70dB of unwanted sideband cancellation
- Built-in 24-bit 48ksps USB sound card
- Built-in USB Virtual COM Serial port for CAT control
- Si5351A Synthesized VFO with 25MHz TCXO as standard
- Easy to build single-board design, Professional quality 6-layer, through-hole plated, silk-screen printed PCBs
- All SMD components factory assembled
- Connectors: 2.1mm power barrel connector, USB-C (for audio and CAT control), BNC RF input/output
- Built-in test signal generator and testing tools
- Switched mode regulators
- GPS interface for frequency calibration, real time clock and location (internal WSPR beacon)
- IQ output mode for use with SDR software
- Receive current 80mA, Transmit current 1.0-1.1A for 5W output with 9V supply (around 0.7A for 5W with 12V supply).
- Optional aluminium extruded cut/drilled/laser-etched black anodized enclosure
Full details, see main QRP Labs QMX page.
SMPS PCBs are also available separately, CLICK HERE.
QMX 5-band 5W multi-mode transceiver
- Product Code: QMX
- Availability: 691