The "QDX" (QRP Labs Digital Xcvr): a feature-packed, high performance, five-band (80, 60, 40, 30, 20m) 5W Digi-modes transceiver kit, including embedded SDR receiver, 24-bit 48 ksps USB sound card, CAT control, synthesized VFO with TCXO reference. QDX transmits a SINGLE SIGNAL, it is not an SSB modulator with associated unwanted sideband and residual carrier, or intermodulation due to amplifier non-linearity. QDX outputs a pure single signal.
Also available as a 20, 17, 15, 12, 11 and 10m version which produces a little lower output power around 3.5 to 4 Watts at 10m. Many thanks to Ross VK1UN for extensive tireless assistance in the filter design and experiment for the high bands version.
QDX is suitable only for single tone FSK modes, which covers the majority of digital modes in use today. This includes everything in WSJT-X, JS8Call, some fldigi modes e.g. RTTY, Olivia and more. QDX is not suitable for on/off keyed modes such as CW because it does not have click-reducing RF envelope shaping; furthermore it is not suitable for phase shift keyed modes such as PSK31 or modes involving multiple concurrent tones such as WinLink.
Assembled kit: The kit will be by default, assembled for operation from a 12V supply. If you prefer it to be built for 9V supply operation, please write a note in the customer notes/comments field at the checkout. NOTE: Assembled kits are built to order, the waiting list is published here https://www.qrp-labs.com/qcxmini/assembled.html
- we ship around 25 per week so, if you are ordering an Assembled
radio, please accept some waiting time based on this; if you need it
urgently then please contact us about it.
The Optional enclosure is black anodized extruded aluminium, very sturdy and elegant. The enclosure size is 89 x 63 x 25mm without protrusions. The front and rear panels are drilled and cut to match the QDX PCB with laser-etched lettering. The enclosure includes four self-adhesive feet. NOTE: The Rev3/3a/4 QDX do NOT fit in the previous QDX enclosure. The rear panel is different - due to the addition of the PTT connector.
List of features:
- Two versions: 80, 60, 40, 30 and 20m OR 20, 17, 15, 12, 11 and 10m
- 5W output at 9V supply (can be built for 4-5W at 12-13V supply)
- Single signal transmission (zero unwanted sideband, zero residual carrier, zero intermodulation distortion)
- Solid-state band switching and transmit/receive switching under CAT control
- High performance embedded SDR SSB receiver with 60-70dB of unwanted sideband cancellation
- Built-in 24-bit 48ksps USB sound card
- Built-in USB Virtual COM Serial port for CAT control
- Si5351A Synthesized VFO with 25MHz TCXO as standard
- Easy to build single-board design, Professional quality double-sided, through-hole plated, silk-screen printed PCBs
- All SMD components factory assembled
- Connectors: 2.1mm power barrel connector, USB B (for audio and CAT control), BNC RF input/output
- Built-in test signal generator and testing tools
- Receive current 100mA, Transmit current 1.0-1.1A for 5W output with 9V supply (around 0.7A for 5W with 13V supply).
- Optional aluminium extruded cut/drilled/laser-etched black anodized enclosure
Full details, see main QRP Labs QDX page.
QDX 5-band 5W Digi transceiver
- Product Code: QDX
- Availability: 392