10W HF Linear Power Amplifier. Comfortably produces 10W from 12V supply. Compact design with huge heatsink included, which will not overheat even on continuous 100% duty-cycle operation. 26dB gain with +/- 1dB gain flatness from 2 to 30MHz.
This 10W HF Linear Power Amplifier kit has no Surface Mount Components (SMD) to solder. There are a number of small transformers to be wound, and assembly requires care and patience.
The push-pull driver stage uses two BS170 transistors in the amplifier design used in the SoftRock transmitter stage. The final uses two IRF510 transistors in push-pull. Yes, this humble low-cost MOSFET really is capable of excellent performance all the way up to 10m band and beyond! Short lead-lengths and PCB layout are extremely important, they are the key to success.
- 10W output from 2 to 30MHz, using 12V Supply
- Generously-sized heatsink, will not overheat even on continuous 100% duty-cycle modes
- 2-stage amplifier provides 26dB of gain
- Push-pull driver and push-pull finals, for high linearity and low harmonic content
- +/- 1dB gain flatness from 2 to 30MHz
- 4dB down at 6m (50MHz) and 8dB down on 4m (70MHz)
- Standard 50-ohm output
- Through-hole plated PCB, all through-hole components (no Surface Mount Devices)
- Standard inexpensive components throughout
- Tested for 1 hour at full-power 10W, 100% continuous duty-cycle with no forced air cooling
- Tested for 15 minutes at 20W, 100% continuous duty-cycle with no forced air cooling
- Tested at 20V supply
- Tested into open load, shorted load and various mismatches without instability (oscillation)
Hard-copy assembly instructions are not included in the kit. You need to download the assembly and operating instructions manual from http://qrp-labs.com/linear
NOTE: Any Linear should always be followed by suitable Low Pass Filtering
10W HF Linear PA
- Product Code: Linear
- Availability: 717