This is a deluxe set of kits containing all the kits you need to build a smartly boxed, GPS-disciplined, 6-band QRSS/WSPR modes transmitter using the Ultimate3S.
NOTE: We are currently out of stock of the Si5351A Synth kit PCBs, which are part of this kit.
We are waiting for the new boards to arrive and we expect to be able to ship your order around mid-March 2019. Please be aware and accept that your whole order will wait for the availability of this item.
Deluxe set contents:
The Ultimate3S QRSS/WSPR Transmitter Kit transmits various QRSS, Hell, Opera, PI4 and WSPR slow-signal modes on any LF, MF, HF or VHF band (all amateur bands from 2200m to 2m). This set comprises:
The kits are easy to build, with through-hole components only (no surface mount soldering). Additional plug-in low pass filter modules are available for any of 13 amateur bands from 2200m to 6m. The kit can transmit on any frequency up to 150MHz, with the appropriate low pass filters.
NOTE... LPF bands: if you want to have different LPF bands than the 6 listed above, that is fine! Please specify the required changes on the customer notes entry in the order form.
NOTE... Receiver: if you add the receiver kit as an optional extra when you order, please note that the receiver kit includes a band pass filter kit. This is for your choice of any one band from 160m to 10m. Please specify which band you want for the band pass filter (BPF) in the customer note fields when you checkout. If you do not specify a band, by default we will supply the 20m BPF kit.
NOTE... GPS: All the above kits will fit together inside the supplied enclosure. However the GPS patch antenna cannot work through a metal box! So you must either arrange for the GPS receiver to be outside in its own box, or you need to use an external antenna and run some coax into the box.
Please read the manuals and understand your kits before purchase.
Printed instructions are not supplied with the kit! You need to download the following PDF instruction documents (click links to go to the web page where you can download the document):
The kit supports the following modes:
- QRSS mode (plain on/off keyed slow CW)
- FSK/CW mode (frequency shift keyed slow CW)
- DFCW mode (dual frequency CW)
- WSPR mode (Weak Signal Propagation Reporter)
- Opera and PI4 beacon modes
- WSPR-15 experimental WSPR mode with 15-minute frames
- JT9 modes (5 speeds)
- Slow-Hellschreiber (frequency shifted slow-Hell)
- Full-speed Hellshreiber
- Half-speed ("DX") Hellshreiber
- CW (plain CW)
- FSK (0-999Hz shift, fast-speed FSK CW)
- Customisable FSK patterns
- Si5351A synthesiser module (no SMD soldering required)
- Plug-in low pass filter boards (available for bands 2200 to 6m)
- 2-row by 16-character blue back-lit LCD + two-button user interface
- User-programmable (callsign, message, speed, FSK, mode, etc.), settings stored in EEPROM
- GPS interface, for locking the frequency, timing and location information
- On-chip generation of WSPR encoded message (no PC required)
- WSPR maidenhead locator can be generated from GPS-derived latitude/longitude
- Selectable “frame” size, for stacked QRSS reception
- Plain CW callsign identifier at selectable interval
- Produces 250mW RF output on 30m (lower output on higher frequency bands)
- Higher output power by additional PA transistor and/or higher PA supply voltage