NOTE: The QLG2 GPS is out of stock until end-March 2021. Therefore the Deluxe 6-band U3S set will not ship until end-March 2021. If this is not acceptable, please order the items separately without QLG2, and make the QLG2 order in a separate order http://shop.qrp-labs.com/qlg2
NOTE: The Receiver and Polyphase module kits are currently out of stock, estimated availability is end-March 2021. If you order these options, your order shipment will be delayed until the Receiver and Polyphase module kits are available. If you want your order to be split into two parts please make a separate order involving the Receiver and Polyphase module kits.
This is a deluxe set of kits containing all the kits you need to build a smartly boxed, GPS-disciplined, 6-band QRSS/WSPR modes transmitter using the Ultimate3S.
Deluxe set contents:
The Ultimate3S QRSS/WSPR Transmitter Kit transmits various QRSS, Hell, Opera, PI4 and WSPR slow-signal modes on any LF, MF, HF or VHF band (all amateur bands from 2200m to 2m). This set comprises:
- Base U3S kit with LCD module, microcontroller with latest firmware, and all board-mounted components
- Si5351A synthesiser module kit (Si5351A chip is pre-soldered at the factory)
- Relay-switched 6-band Low Pass Filter extension kit
- Low pass filter kits for 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 and 80m
- QLG2 high-sensitivity GPS receiver kit
- 2 extra BS170 transistors, as spares or in case you want to try higher power output
- Ultimate3 enclosure kit, drilled, printed, and with controls, connectors and accessories. Shipped separately from China by airmail
The kits are easy to build, with through-hole components only (no surface mount soldering). Additional plug-in low pass filter modules are available for any of 13 amateur bands from 2200m to 6m. The kit can transmit on any frequency up to 150MHz, with the appropriate low pass filters.
NOTE... LPF bands: if you want to have different LPF bands than the 6 listed above, that is fine! Please specify the required changes on the customer notes entry in the order form.
NOTE... Receiver: if you add the receiver kit as an optional extra when you order, please note that the receiver kit includes a band pass filter kit. This is for your choice of any one band from 160m to 10m. Please specify which band you want for the band pass filter (BPF) in the customer note fields when you checkout. If you do not specify a band, by default we will supply the 20m BPF kit.
NOTE... GPS: All the above kits will fit together inside the supplied enclosure. However the GPS patch antenna cannot work through a metal box! So you must either arrange for the GPS receiver to be outside in its own box, or you need to use an external antenna and run some coax into the box.
Please read the manuals and understand your kits before purchase.
Printed instructions are not supplied with the kit! You need to download the following PDF instruction documents (click links to go to the web page where you can download the document):
- Ultimate3S kit assembly instructions
- Ultimate3S operating instructions (select document for your firmware version)
- Si5351A Synthesiser kit assembly instructions
- Relay-switched Low Pass Filter kit extension assembly instructions
- Low Pass Filter kit assembly instructions
- QLG2 GPS receiver kit assembly instructions
- Enclosure kit - please read notes on this page
The kit supports the following modes:
- QRSS mode (plain on/off keyed slow CW)
- FSK/CW mode (frequency shift keyed slow CW)
- DFCW mode (dual frequency CW)
- WSPR mode (Weak Signal Propagation Reporter)
- Opera and PI4 beacon modes
- WSPR-15 experimental WSPR mode with 15-minute frames
- JT9 modes (5 speeds)
- Slow-Hellschreiber (frequency shifted slow-Hell)
- Full-speed Hellshreiber
- Half-speed ("DX") Hellshreiber
- CW (plain CW)
- FSK (0-999Hz shift, fast-speed FSK CW)
- Customisable FSK patterns
- Si5351A synthesiser module (no SMD soldering required)
- Plug-in low pass filter boards (available for bands 2200 to 6m)
- 2-row by 16-character blue back-lit LCD + two-button user interface
- User-programmable (callsign, message, speed, FSK, mode, etc.), settings stored in EEPROM
- GPS interface, for locking the frequency, timing and location information
- On-chip generation of WSPR encoded message (no PC required)
- WSPR maidenhead locator can be generated from GPS-derived latitude/longitude
- Selectable “frame” size, for stacked QRSS reception
- Plain CW callsign identifier at selectable interval
- Produces 250mW RF output on 30m (lower output on higher frequency bands)
- Higher output power by additional PA transistor and/or higher PA supply voltage
Deluxe 6-band U3S set
- Product Code: U3SDELUXE
- Availability: 39