This is a deluxe set of kits containing all the kits you need to build a smartly boxed, GPS-disciplined, 6-band QRSS/WSPR modes transmitter using the Ultimate3S.
Deluxe set contents:
The Ultimate3S QRSS/WSPR Transmitter Kit transmits various QRSS, Hell, Opera, PI4 and WSPR slow-signal modes on any LF, MF, HF or VHF band (all amateur bands from 2200m to 2m). This set comprises:
- Base U3S kit with LCD module, microcontroller with latest firmware, and all board-mounted components
- Si5351A synthesiser module kit (Si5351A chip is pre-soldered at the factory)
- Relay-switched 6-band Low Pass Filter extension kit
- Low pass filter kits for 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 and 80m
- QLG2 high-sensitivity GPS receiver kit
- 2 extra BS170 transistors, as spares or in case you want to try higher power output
- Ultimate3 enclosure kit, drilled, printed, and with controls, connectors and accessories. Shipped separately from China by China Post airmail
The kits are easy to build, with through-hole components only (no surface mount soldering). Additional plug-in low pass filter modules are available for any of 13 amateur bands from 2200m to 6m. The kit can transmit on any frequency up to 150MHz, with the appropriate low pass filters.
NOTE... LPF bands: if you want to have different LPF bands than the 6 listed above, that is fine! Please specify the required changes on the customer notes entry in the order form.
NOTE... Receiver: if you add the receiver kit as an optional extra when you order, please note that the receiver kit includes a band pass filter kit. This is for your choice of any one band from 160m to 10m. Please specify which band you want for the band pass filter (BPF) in the customer note fields when you checkout. If you do not specify a band, by default we will supply the 20m BPF kit.
NOTE... GPS: All the above kits will fit together inside the supplied enclosure, including the QLG2/QLG2-SE. However, QLG2/QLG2-SE modules are supplied with an active patch antenna and 2m coax; you will need to make an additional hole in the rear panel to connect coax through the box for this antenna.
NOTE... TCXO: The 25MHz TCXO option provides excellent frequency stability compared to the stock 27MHz crystal.
Please read the manuals and understand your kits before purchase.
Printed instructions are not supplied with the kit! You need to download the following PDF instruction documents (click links to go to the web page where you can download the document):
- Ultimate3S kit assembly instructions
- Ultimate3S operating instructions (select document for your firmware version)
- Si5351A Synthesiser kit assembly instructions
- Relay-switched Low Pass Filter kit extension assembly instructions
- Low Pass Filter kit assembly instructions
- QLG2-SE GPS receiver kit assembly instructions
- Enclosure kit - please read notes on this page
The kit supports the following modes:
- QRSS mode (plain on/off keyed slow CW)
- FSK/CW mode (frequency shift keyed slow CW)
- DFCW mode (dual frequency CW)
- WSPR mode (Weak Signal Propagation Reporter)
- Opera and PI4 beacon modes
- WSPR-15 experimental WSPR mode with 15-minute frames
- JT9 modes (5 speeds)
- Slow-Hellschreiber (frequency shifted slow-Hell)
- Full-speed Hellshreiber
- Half-speed ("DX") Hellshreiber
- CW (plain CW)
- FSK (0-999Hz shift, fast-speed FSK CW)
- Customisable FSK patterns
- Si5351A synthesiser module (no SMD soldering required)
- Plug-in low pass filter boards (available for bands 2200 to 6m)
- 2-row by 16-character blue back-lit LCD + two-button user interface
- User-programmable (callsign, message, speed, FSK, mode, etc.), settings stored in EEPROM
- GPS interface, for locking the frequency, timing and location information
- On-chip generation of WSPR encoded message (no PC required)
- WSPR maidenhead locator can be generated from GPS-derived latitude/longitude
- Selectable “frame” size, for stacked QRSS reception
- Plain CW callsign identifier at selectable interval
- Produces 250mW RF output on 30m (lower output on higher frequency bands)
- Higher output power by additional PA transistor and/or higher PA supply voltage
NOTE: 18-Dec-2021: The ATmega328 chip is now unobtainable at any distributors, due to the global semiconductor shortage. We have managed to obtain stock to be able to continue offering this item, however, the price was very high and this has necessitated a temporary price increase of $2.79 which is currently included in the price of this item.
Deluxe 6-band U3S set
- Product Code: U3SDELUXE
- Availability: 43