GPS Receiver module kit, including patch antenna.
This is a kit for a GNSS receiver that covers not just the United States GPS satellite network, but also Galileo (Europe), GLONASS (Russia) and Beidou (Chinese) satellite systems. It includes a sensitive active antenna with approx 2m coax cable and SMA connectors. The kit has a 3.3V voltage regulator onboard and level converter to 5V logic levels. It may be connected directly to QRP Labs kits such as the Ultimate3S QRSS/WSPR transmitter without any pullup resistors or other components. Three LEDs provide visual indication of status. It has a USB output for direct connection to a PC; this may also be used as a serial-to-USB converter for your own purposes e.g. for providing CAT control to the QCX+ etc.
The kit comprises mostly SMD components which are pre-soldered to the PCB during manufacture. Only the SMA connector, and optional connectors (USB, pin headers) are through hole and these are easy to solder. solder.
The GPS receiver has the following features and advantages relative to a ready-built GPS module:
1) Fun and educational kit.
2) Includes very sensitive active antenna with 2m coax, that may be easily placed separate to the PCB in a location for optimum performance.
2) Guaranteed to work with all QRP Labs kits
4) Has onboard power / data / 1pps LEDs for an immediate visual indication of what is going on.
5) Proper level conversion for use with 5V systems, not just pull-up resistors
6) Larger connection pads with 0.1-inch pitch, suitable for easy wire soldering or pin headers
7) all components already on-board, no need for anything other than wire, for connection to QRP Labs kits (and others)
8) Serial to USB converter (for viewing GPS data on a PC, or for your own use e.g. CAT control for QCX+
9) Optionally a 16x02 alphanumeric display module may be connected and will display date and time (UT) and satellite data
10) Low cost
NOTE: Basic QLG2 board is as described above. Additional photographs show the optional display. A suitable display is available as an option (see below). Note pictures are for information only. The actual display supplied will be yellow/green or blue depending on your choice.
LCD accessory kit
An accessory components kit is available as an option, which contains the LCD module (yellow/green) and necessary components to fit the two boards together (LCD module, QLG2) to use the data display feature. Details are here. This kit comprises:
1x 1602 yellow/green or Blue (your choice) LCD alphanumeric module
1x 16-pin header male connector
1x 16-pin female connector
1x suitable trimmer potentiometer to install on the main QLG2 board for LCD contrast adjustment
4x M3 plastic spacers to separate the two boards
8x M3 6mm plastic screws
QLG2 GPS Receiver module kit
- Product Code: QLG2
- Availability: 310