OUT OF PRODUCTION: NOTE: Due to the global semiconductor crisis, this kit is temporarily out of production. It has been temporarily replaced by the QLG2-SE available here: http://shop.qrp-labs.com/kits/QLG2SE - QLG2-SE has the same GNSS receiver module, and the same high sensitivity patch antenna with 2m coax; QLG2-SE does NOT have the USB interface, USB to Serial converter, and optional LCD functionality.
GPS Receiver module kit, including patch antenna.
This is a kit for a GNSS receiver that covers not just the United States GPS satellite network, but also Galileo (Europe), GLONASS (Russia) and Beidou (Chinese) satellite systems. It includes a sensitive active antenna with approx 2m coax cable and SMA connectors. The kit has a 3.3V voltage regulator onboard and level converter to 5V logic levels. It may be connected directly to QRP Labs kits such as the Ultimate3S QRSS/WSPR transmitter without any pullup resistors or other components. Three LEDs provide visual indication of status. It has a USB output for direct connection to a PC; this may also be used as a serial-to-USB converter for your own purposes e.g. for providing CAT control to the QCX+ etc.
The kit comprises mostly SMD components which are pre-soldered to the PCB during manufacture. Only the SMA connector, and optional connectors (USB, pin headers) are through hole and these are easy to solder. solder.
The GPS receiver has the following features and advantages relative to a ready-built GPS module:
1) Fun and educational kit.
2) Includes very sensitive active antenna with 2m coax, that may be easily placed separate to the PCB in a location for optimum performance.
2) Guaranteed to work with all QRP Labs kits
4) Has onboard power / data / 1pps LEDs for an immediate visual indication of what is going on.
5) Proper level conversion for use with 5V systems, not just pull-up resistors
6) Larger connection pads with 0.1-inch pitch, suitable for easy wire soldering or pin headers
7) all components already on-board, no need for anything other than wire, for connection to QRP Labs kits (and others)
8) Serial to USB converter (for viewing GPS data on a PC, or for your own use e.g. CAT control for QCX+
9) Optionally a 16x02 alphanumeric display module may be connected and will display date and time (UT) and satellite data
10) Low cost
QLG2 GPS Receiver module kit
- Product Code: QLG2
- Availability: Out Of Stock